Summer is almost here, which means festival season in Mendocino is about to begin! And one of our favorite local annual festivals is the Mendocino Music Festival. The combination of our beautiful coastal region and the amazing talent at the Mendocino Music Festival create an unforgettable event. Let’s have a look at some of the reasons why the Mendocino Music Festival is an event to attend this (and every) year!
About the Mendocino Music Festival
The 2017 Mendocino Music Festival is sure to be a spectacular series of performances throughout the month of July. This year’s festivities will take place from July 8-22, giving you time to come for one, multiple, or all shows. Be sure to get your tickets as soon as possible for over two dozen concerts that will be performed during the Mendocino Music Festival. Ticket prices for each concert are very reasonable, and some shows are even free, topping off at $55.
Mendocino Music Venues
The locations for the Mendocino Music Festival are all over the Mendocino area. This gives you a great chance to explore some more of the area, including a wide range of venues. The types of locations range from a tented hall to a church to a theater. Be sure to check out the venue page to see all of the locations, a short description of each, as well as Google Map directions for each.
Mendocino Music Festival Performance Highlights
- The Calder Quartet– Back again for their 5h year, the Calder Quartet will inspire us all with famous string quartets of the past. Pieces from Mendelssohn and Beethoven await. This concert will be held at the Tent Concert Hall on July 8 at 2 p.m. It will be kicking off the Mendocino Music Festival!
- Festival Orchestra with Jeremy Cohen– Join this group for the exotic rhythms and sinuous melodies of Gershwin, Piazzolla, and Rimsky-Korsakov. Also located at the Tent Concert Hall, this performance will take place on July 9 at 6 p.m.
- Kathleen Grace Band– On July 12 at Preston Hall, you will find the country, folk, and jazz stylings of the Kathleen Grace Band. These dynamic songs include revelatory covers of diverse artists, ranging from Tom Waits to The Meat Puppets.
- Piano Series: John Novacek– For a commandeering classical presence on the keys, you’ll thoroughly enjoy John Novacek at 2:30 p.m. on July 13. He will be performing Beethoven, Schumann, Shostakovich, Finastera, and his own ragtime compositions.
- Opera: Don Pasquale– Enjoy a fantastic comic opera and a melodic masterpiece with the performance of Don Pasquale on July 14. The 7:30 p.m. tickets include a 6:30 p.m. pre-concert lecture by guest conductor Jason Sherbundy and stage director Ann Woodhead.
Stay at Sea Rock Inn During the Festival
When you have a combination of talent like this in one town for two weeks, it’s easy to see why we at Sea Rock Inn get so excited for the Mendocino Music Festival. When visitors do decide to go to a concert or two here in Mendocino, they also enjoy staying with us. After experiencing a beautiful concert, you want to keep that incredible rush going. Continue it at our gorgeous seaside property with stunning views that will create memories to last a lifetime. See you in July!