We all know that California is known for its amazing wine. What you may not know is that there are some amazing wineries right here in Mendocino. We do have our cousin counties to the south of us, like Sonoma and Napa, that also have great wineries as well. However, if you are looking to get off of the beaten path, we at Sea Rock Inn highly recommend planning a Mendocino wine tours weekend. There are so many places to see, and taste, that it may be hard to choose which ones. Let us help you by showing a great guide of Mendocino wine tours.
Booking a Planned Mendocino Wine Tour
There is only one planned Mendocino wine tour in our area but it is truly fantastic, and you can reserve it when you stay at Sea Rock Inn. You can choose between a group tour or a private tour but whichever you choose, you will be picked up and taken on a day-long guided tour of the best area wineries. The tour lasts from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and lunch is provided by the MacCallum House via a delightful picnic at one of the vineyards.
Planning Your Own Mendocino Wine Tour
If you are the type to like to plan things yourself or choose your own wineries to visit then you are more than welcome to. Before you start out, you should get a good idea of how many area wineries we have and then pick your ones to customize your tour. There are many wineries out there to choose from so be sure to take your time. Also, before you go, you should consider hiring a car to take you from one winery to the next so you can truly enjoy your day. One company is experienced with this, Mendocino Limousine. You can either rent a car or talk with them about their own Mendocino wine tours that they offer as well.
If you are looking to rent a car and go out on your own, we also wanted to highlight 10 of our favorite wineries that you might want to choose.
- Pacific Star Winery–Fort Bragg-Petite Sirah, Zinfandel, Roussanne, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Tempranillo
- Meyer Family Cellars–Yorkville-Cabernet, Syrah, Chardonnay, and Port
- Maple Creek Winery– Yorkville– Blanco Blend, Chardonnay, Merlot, Zinfandel, and Dessert Wine
- Husch Vineyards–Philo– Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Gewurztraminer, Zinfandel, Pinot Noir, and Cabernet Sauvignon
- Drew– Philo– Pinot Noir, Syrah, and Albariño
- Campovida– Hopland– Zinfandel, Terra Rossa, Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cuvee Brut, and Chardonnay
- BARRA– Redwood Valley– Chardonnay, Pinot Noir Rose, Sangiovese, Petite Sirah, and Bella Dolce Dessert Wine
- Balo– Philo– Vin Gris of Pinot Noir, Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, and Muscat Blanc
- Bink– Philo– Sauvignon Blanc, Lumineux, Pinot Noir, Merlot, Syrah, and Melange
- Saracina– Hopland– Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, and Zinfandel
As you can see, this is a great sample of the many amazing Mendocino wineries that are available for tastings and tours. If you would like to know more about some of these wineries, feel free to read another blog about our local wines.
When you do decide to take a tour of these wonderful local wineries, consider staying with us at Sea Rock Inn. Our scenic B&B is located close and conveniently to many of these wineries. Our rooms are relaxing and the perfect retreat after a long day out. Our comfortable beds are topped with luxurious linens that will lull you into a restful sleep. Many of our guests enjoy the views of the Pacific Ocean from their room but they are best enjoyed on our lawns with a glass of your new favorite wine in your hand. Contact us today and start planning your next trip to our Mendocino wineries.