Mendocino Annual Events
Discovering a new place is fun and exciting, but what if you could also attend local events? There’s nothing like mingling with the local community and experiencing new traditions. Luckily for you, Mendocino offers plenty of events and festivals to entertain you. On this page, we’ll share some of our favorites with you so you can plan your trip around the ones you prefer! So, read on, take notes, and get ready to have the time of your life attending these Mendocino events!
Learn more about the best things to do in Mendocino in our free Vacation Guide. This exclusive planning tool includes our top recommendations for local restaurants, shops, museums, outdoor activities, and, of course, events.
Plan Your Trip Around Some of the Best Annual Mendocino Events
One of our favorite things to do in Mendocino is to enjoy the exuberant festivities of the many Mendocino events. Each season offers something new for both locals and visitors alike. Here are our recommendations on which annual festivals are worth the trip.
Note: Due to COVID-19, a lot of these events might be canceled in 2020. We encourage you to check with each individual organizer prior to your visit.
Are you planning to visit Mendocino in the winter? Our coastal town can be magical during the colder months and offers plenty of whimsical (and even tasty!) events to attend with your loved ones. Here are some of our favorites:
- Festival of Trees | November
- Festival of Lights | December
- Mendocino Crab, Wine, and Beer Festival | January
- Seafood, Wine and Beer Festival | January
- Anderson Valley Aromatic White Wine Festival | February
While other areas of the United States are covered in snow, we enjoy the crisp days and the return of whale watching season. This is truly one of the most majestic sights to behold on the Golden Coast, and you can celebrate with a variety of events!
- Mendocino Whale Festival | March
- Mendocino Film Festival | May to June
- Symphony of the Redwoods | April
- Anderson Valley Pinot Noir Festival | May
The beautiful summer weather spans between the months of May and September, and with it comes a selection of fun events you cannot miss. From national celebrations to scenic botanical festivals, you’ll have plenty to do and see!
- Annual Mendocino Coast Garden Tour | June
- Mendocino Music Festival | June
- Mendocino Film Festival | July
- Mendocino Fourth of July Parade | July
As the leaves change the stunning landscape during fall in Northern California, marvel at the magnificent sights during one of these autumn celebrations. Did you know fall is also the perfect season for foodies? Treat your taste buds to a fresh and unique experience at some of the local food and wine events!
- Mendocino Mushroom, Wine, and Beer Festival | November
- Point Arena Seafood and Harbor Festival | September
- Winesong | September
- Paul Bunyan Days | September | Labor Day Weekend
- Beer Bison Bluegrass Festival | October
Are You Ready to Book the Best Vacation?
Now that you know all about the top Mendocino events, it’s time you book your stay at Sea Rock Inn! Our lovely coastal inn is one of the top B&Bs in the region. You’ll love our elegant accommodations and modern amenities, all surrounded by stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and lush gardens. It’s the ideal place to unwind from your daily stress and enjoy life’s simple pleasures.